Monday, July 28, 2008

1602.4 miles




If you ever need to know, it is 1602.4 miles from Childress, Tx to Des Moines, IA and back. Last Friday, the boys and I went to Wichita, KS to visit my mom. We had a wonderful time, RELAXING! There is something about visiting your mother. She cooks, cleans, takes care of the kids, entertains, and lets you sleep late. Thanks Mom for a wonderful time. On Tuesday, Trenton and I went to Des Moines, IA to visit my father who lives there for 7 months out of the year working. Trenton had a wonderful time working with my dad. I think he talked more than he worked, but Grandpa was glad to have him around! While Trent was off "working," my dad taught him how to ride a horse. Talk about giving me a heart attack! It's safe to say, horses to me are only good to bet on! (Not that I do that!) Kaleb stayed with my mom in Wichita. My mother said he was a different child when we're not around. I guess Trenton stresses him out. While in Des Moines, Dad took us to an amusement park. Trent had a blast riding the rides. We went on one ride where Trent said, "Wow, that made my pee pee tingle!" At that point, I had to agree. We traveled back to Wichita on Thursday. Friday was a day of relaxation before traveling home on Saturday. We're all glad to be back in C-town!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome to come again and I'll cook, clean, takes care of the kids, entertain, and will let you sleep late every day. Love you-all lots.

allie nelson said...

glad you guys had fun!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

C-town is glad you're back, too! Glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Wow! i have a different impression about visiting my mother... mine was busy and back breaking... no sleeping in or going to bed early the week I was there!!!!!! She had me working my tail off!!!!!!!! Ah... to be like Sharalyn some day!!!

Fun Family Fitness said...

I am so glad that you had a great time...and I was thinking about you and the horses...and how nervous you were....but you are right...there is nothing like being home and letting MOM take care of you and the kids....steph