Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Vacation

Let's just say-I loved going on vacation to San Antonio/Austin, but I'm so GLAD to be home again! Trying to relax away from home with a 1-year old can be stressful. Jay mentioned that our next family vacation will be when Kaleb is 4. (ha, ha)

While in San Antonio, we did lots of swimming and Sea World! We spent almost 11 hours at Sea World on Tuesday! What a day!! Highlights: feeding the dolphins, watching Shamu, riding Journey to Atlantis, touching/feeding stingrays, touching a shark, having fun at the water park, and dining with Shamu.

Wednesday, we went to Austin. The state puts Jay in the most marvelous hotels!! We get to tag along and swim. This year we stayed downtown on 8th street at the Omni! The pool was on the roof (pretty cool)! Thursday, I took the boys to San Marcos to shop!! I LOVE SAN MARCOS SHOPPING!!!

Funny story--knowing Kaleb was at his wits end, we decided to have an early supper. I'm thinking Mexican Food, Trent wants sea food, Jay just wants to get somewhere fast in the traffic. What's up with Austin traffic? Horrible!!! Anyway, Kaleb's already crying and Jay was sweating, so we stopped to eat at FURR'S! We went all the way to Austin to eat the wonderful food at---FURR's! Anyone knowing my husband Jay and his mood during stressful family situations can picture the scene and are already laughing by now!!! Trent thinks the place is cool because he can get his food in 5 minutes and we can all leave in 20. So, after eating with the gray-hairs, we all head back to the hotel and Kaleb's out for the night by 7:30!! FUN FAMILY VACATION!!!

We came home Friday-- to RELAX!

Jay's true vacation will be starting this Friday when I leave with the boys for Wichita/Des Moines to see my parents. Jay will be enjoying the quiet peaceful nights and lots of golf!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see you in Kansas!!! Mema can rival Furr's anyday.

Love you lots.

Sharon said...

Yes, traveling with little ones is so not a vacation. Why do we always think it will be? I guess we're optimistic. I'm glad you got to get away though. I love Sea World. Hope you have fun in Kansas.

Fun Family Fitness said...

It sounds like y'all had a lot of fun...I can only imagine it with a little one though...I think in a couple of months the GIRLS need to just get away and let the boys have the kids....it will be fun.....I can only imagine...have a great time with your parents...try to relax some....steph