Monday, January 26, 2009

BlOg BlOCk!!!

Seriously--All I really want to do is decorate my blog.  I've finally learned how to do the fancy header--Thanks Donna!!  

I have had a serious case of blog block.  I have enjoyed reading other people's blog (especially my sister's new blog) but I have anxiety when logging in-- even to comment.  Is is fear of failure, fear of not being able to update regularly, or perfection?  Do I need to make it funny, serious, insightful (I'm not really insightful) meaningful or inspirational?  Oh, the stress!  I think about silly things like, do I need a sign off, a cute little ending, because that would be really cute!  I DON'T KNOW, BUT IT'S CRAZY!!!!!  I've learned from reading other blogs that I need to look at it as a scrapbook or journal.  OKAY--I'll try!!

DVR--Love it!!  I'm catching up on all the TV programs I have been missing.  I now know what's happening on DAYS (awful, I know), Grey's, and Private Practice.  I now have 6 episode's of Thomas the Tank Engine readily available to show at any time without scratching DVDs--life is great!!!

Random thought---I think school should start at 9:30 every day!  That would be cool.  

Do pirates yell, " irrr"  or "arrr"  I usually have some kind of saying when teaching my phonics phonograms.  (ir, er, ur /  ar like in car)  So I'm teaching and I say,  "When you see the er, ir or ur in a word think irrr like a pirate."  Yep, I was proud of myself and thought it was kinda cute when a child in back blurts out, "I think a pirate says arrrr like in car."  Well, what do you think?!!

It's been a week, and I still have not got over my sinus (head cold) infection.  I still cannot hear well, and I feel as though I am talking through a tube!  I am SO ready to feel better.   
Thanks girls for the good time last Thursday night.  Mamma Mia soundtrack is now on my i-pod!!  It is so good for the soul to get out and be with friends!!

Kaleb's new saying-"no want to"  So I have taken it on as my mantra.  Grading--no want to,  washing laundry--no want to, cleaning house--no want to, going to school--no want to, update blog--no want to.  I then want to be sent to my chair to cry and kick my legs.  Afterwards, I want a red popsicle to make it all better!!  Ah--the life of a 22 month old!!

New Years Resolution #4--Update Blog more often.  CHECK--now I can go have my red popsicle!

Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives!!!!
SAM

8 comments:

Marci said...

So glad I got to see you last night and that you are back to blogging. I don't know about the pirate thing...Tanner says it's arrrr.

Ryan Mills said...

you don't have to be funny, insightful or any of that stuff. just be sharalyn, that's why we all love you. not that you're not funny and insightful of course.

Amy said...

You are so good at the blog thing!! That was a VERY entertaining post!! Now, keep doing it!!

Koop has informed me that pirates, in fact, say arrrr...only he even put a g at the end. hmmmmm....

Wish I could have stayed longer last Thursday. I so enjoy visiting with you!! We must do it again soon!!

Hope you had a good morning that didn't start until 9:30!!:) I know I did!

allie nelson said...

ryan is exactly right! stop stressing girl!!!

let's see pirates...one time there was a pirate at our house and they wrote something on the wall....i'm pretty sure it was arrr....hahaha

ummmm Mama Mia! so fun.....the best fun i've had in a long time....until i ruined that! but up until then....it was a blast just hanging out with all of the girls....

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

i am so glad to see you back!! i LOVE your new look!!

pirates...definitely aarrr! here's how i know...this is david's favorite joke:

q:'why are pirates so cool?'
a:'they just aarrrrrrr!' :)

Rochelle said...

I want you to teach me how to decorate my blog!!!! and Aunt Chelle "no want to" work anymore!!

By the way, great entry -- You are very insightful, funny, serious, meaningful and to me, very inspirational!!! As for the pirate... who knows! I teach math -- you are the reading expert!

Here's my fear -- I'm going to totally mess up my kid. How in the world am I going to do this???? See... I don't mind messing up Trent and Kaleb cause, "I ain't the momma" but now I'm going to be a momma and Aunt Sharalyn is going to pull double duty on G.O. and we all know I'm a terrible influence on kids... Ah!!!!!!!!!! Talk about stress!

Love you!
Rochelle :0)

Anonymous said...

love your blog!! Mema has the 'no want to' also -- must be contagious!!
Give the boys a hug – love you-all.

Fun Family Fitness said...

love thus post and so glad you are back...steph